Adult Child Moves In
Everything's relative. COVID 19 has changed our living situations. This agreement is intended for relatives (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, even god-parents) who have agreed to open their homes to young adult family members. But, before you come to their rescue, set limits, define boundaries, agree to household responsibilities, rent, overnight guests, and other family considerations, for a harmonious move.
The Adult Child Moves In (Relative's Perspective) is friendly, non-threatening, and respects your relationship with your relative.
This is one of 17 agreements from than guidebook Better Than A Handshake: The Printed Promise. Along with this fillable pdf, you will receive the introductory chapter, which include real life stories, instructions and advice for achieving your goals.
The agreement includes:
- Sample Invitation to discuss and fill in this agreement
- Printed promises (your commitments)
- Smart questions that prompt actions and anticipate outcomes
- Ability to customize to your specific situation
- Downloadable, easy to use, fillable PDF
- Additional support material, i.e., schedules and attachments
- Agreement download emailed to you directly upon purchase
- Professional, yet friendly, design
- Electronic signature ready
My sister, Liz, and her daughter, Nikki, give a testimonial about using this agreement.
"The agreement was extremely helpful and it really transformed our family communications. I'm so grateful you shared this with us. I think this will be so good for families." — Janice Knight, author, cooking instructor, parent
"Parents may need to be reminded that when adult children return to the nest, the parent/child relationship is different than what it was when the children were, well, children." — Grant McIntyre
Please note: for best results filling out the PDF document electronically, download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free on your device, and open the document using that program.
Back to all agreements to continue browsing.